Let Your Gratitude Ripple Out

thanking sunshine XSmallSince ancient times, philosophers and sages from every spiritual tradition have taught that the key to experiencing deeper levels of happiness, fulfillment, and well-being is cultivating gratitude. One of the earliest advocates of a daily gratitude practice was Dutch philosopher Rabbi Baruch Spinoza. In the seventeenth century, he advised that each day for a month, we ask ourselves the following three questions:

1.)  Who or what inspired me today?
2.)  What brought me happiness today?
3.)  What brought me comfort and deep peace today?

We invite you to try this practice and share your responses with the Chopra Center community. Your stories may just help others connect to the beauty in their own lives.  Whatever we put our attention on expands, so taking a few moments to focus on the gifts of our daily experience can open our hearts just a little bit more and may even blow the doors completely open . . . letting us feel our original, blissful nature.

1. What inspired me today was listening to some of the guided meditations on this website. The words help me realize that I am ok, and that I don’t have to tackle my ‘issues’ all at once…finding myself can be a process and to do it at a comfortable pace.

What made me happy today was to be awoken by my husband kissing me before he left for work. I love that, it makes me happy even if I’m not completely awake.

What brought me comfort and deep peace today was doing my medition in the early morning sunshine. The warmth of the sun on my skin makes the experience so much more intense.

2. I was inspired by my girlfriend. she’s the best thing that happened to my life. she helps me to be better each days.

3. Everything is an inspiration to me. As my inital awakening experience continues to deepen, my gratitude for all things and all people grows and grows. The way that I can do look at anything or anyone and see my Self everywhere is a constant and steady source of inspiration. All of you at The Chopra Center have been absolutely inspiring me. You all have been walking on this path with me for quite some time and I am eterally grateful for the peace, love, and stillness that you share and that you bring out in others. Thank you so much! I have great love for you all. Namaste.

4. In my opion, it is the little things in life that can make us happy, if we just cooperate. For example if it is raining be happy with the sound of the rain hitting a tin roof. One of my favorite saying is: “If you can not change you situation then change your attitude”. The fact of being tested it isn’t the test it is all in how you respond.

5. The thought of a big English family breakfast brings hope to my heart.

6. Gratitude is beyond powerful. Thank you for this article.

· 1 · 2